Sallach Family News

This is a site where members of our family can check in and see how everyone's doing. Also, we'll have reunion news up here from time to time - to keep everyone updated! Please post and let us all know how you and your branch of the family are doing today!

Name:
Location: Racine, Wisconsin, United States

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Ok...I'll go first...

The response to our family webpage has been.. let me tell you.. overwhelming (as you can plainly see). Therefore, let me be the first to comment: Good site. Nice potential. But a little lite on the "news" side. No updates since just after the reunion? Is there nothing going on in ANYONE'S life??...Good suggestions, Martha. Thanks for your concern. Yes. It's about time there was an update. So here's the news from Racine (or as we sometimes call it when we are trying to be witty..."Ray-town"...): I have just finished summer school (teaching - not attending). I was teaching a class of 3-5 year old with severe emotional/behavioral problems, and now I have the rest of my summer off. (Yes. All four weeks just for me.) I have big plans, though. I am attending the wedding of a friend this weekend. Then next weekend I will head North to Marshfield where I will help celebrate the first birthday of my beloved godson - Caleb James. The following weekend, the Wilbert Sallachs will be having their campout in Minoqua (certainly spelled wrong) - unfortunately, I have yet another wedding to attend that weekend, and will be out of the family festivities. After the 13th, I plan to travel the world ... or at least the midwest, and visit friends in Ohio, Tennessee, and Missouri (are any of those states really considered the midwest??). Also fun news: I have decided to buy a brandnew (beautiful) Pontiac Grand Prix - "Blue/Green Crystal Metal" is the color. And it is by far the most wonderful thing I have ever purchased. I will love it until the day I die... or sell it and buy a new one. But I should be in heaven (and debt) for at least the next six years. (SIDENOTE: I will now be selling the 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix I was driving at the reunion... Beautiful blue color, grey cloth interior, 99,400 miles on it, well-maintained... resonably priced for family! wink wink...) So that is my life in a nutshell... Kind of depressing that it takes up only a brief paragraph, but there you have it.

Now it's your turn.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home